For Sleep Watch to function properly, we need to access data from your Health app.
If you receive a troubleshooting notification for "Health App Setup" Sleep Watch access your Health app needs to be enabled.
To ensure access is properly enabled:
Open the "settings" (it looks like a gear) on your iPhone
In settings, select the "Apple Health" app on your iPhone (It has a white icon with a red heart)
Choose "Data Access & Devices"
Make sure ALL buttons shown under 'Sleep Watch' are enabled and show as bright green. This includes 'Active Energy', 'Heart Rate', 'Resting Energy', and 'Steps'.
If you would like to sync Sleep Watch's sleep data back into your Health app, make sure 'Sleep Analysis' under 'Allow "Sleep Watch" to Write Data' is turned on (green) and the setting for 'Sync Sleep to Health App' is enabled (green) from within the Sleep Watch iOS app > Account tab.
In the event that all permissions are enabled but SleepWatch app has "lost" access to Health, you may need to perform permissions reset. Sometimes when an Apple software update happens these can get out of sync and need to be reset even though it may look like they are correct.
To reset your Health app permissions complete the following steps:
- Open the "settings" (it looks like a gear) on your iPhone
- In settings, select the "Apple Health" app on your iPhone (It has a white icon with a red heart)
- Choose "Data Access & Devices"
- Select SleepWatch
- Turn OFF all the available switches
- Restart your iPhone
- Re-open the “Apple Health app” in settings on your iPhone > Tap on the “Data Access & Devices” tab > Select “Sleep Watch” > Turn ON all switches
After that (VERY IMPORTANT) Restart your Apple Watch