How it works
- Wear your Apple Watch to bed (do not enable Power Reserve)
- Upon waking, check the Watch or iPhone app to see your auto-detected sleep details; that's it!
- Opt to confirm or adjust your auto-detected sleep times in the iPhone app to help us build you a smarter sleep detection algorithm
We recommend scheduling 'Do Not Disturb' to turn on automatically during your typical sleeping hours to prevent any Watch notifications from disturbing your sleep. This can be done in the iPhone Watch App > My Watch > General > 'Do Not Disturb' section.
We also recommend enabling 'Theatre Mode' while asleep to keep your Watch screen dark until waking.
- Auto Sleep: Automatically log your estimated total sleep time, total restful sleep time, avg. sleeping heart rate, sleeping heart rate dip, sleep rhythm, and sleep activity levels for each day by simply wearing your Apple Watch to bed
- Discover: Take control of your sleep habits with AI-powered, personalized insights. Every body is unique. Using artificial intelligence, Discover uncovers from your data the lifestyle choices you make that appear to be helping you achieve a better night's rest. The more data you track with Sleep Watch, the more you can Discover.
- Sleep Charge Tracking: a fun new way to help you better track and recover from recently missed sleep
- Sleeping Heart Rate Dip Tracking: Studies among particular populations suggest that the more heart rate slows—or "dips"—during sleep compared to waking may be better for both overall and cardiovascular health in years to come. Get motivated to build a healthier lifestyle and start tracking your sleeping heart rate dip today.
- Sleep Rhythm Tracking: Track an estimate of how consistently you sleep at the same time each day • Sleep Charge Tracking: a fun new way to help you track and recover from recently missed sleep
- Easy Editing: Manually adjust your detected sleep times to your desired accuracy
- Daily Sleep Goal Progress: See daily progress towards your custom sleep goal
- Daily Briefings: Effortlessly get daily notifications about how you slept
- Trend Analysis: Track changes in sleep stats on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Health App Support: Auto sync sleep data to Health app
- Data History: See your data from up to a year ago
- Keep an Account: Create an account and access your data across multiple iOS devices
- Watch Face Complications: See your last night's Total Sleep Time and Sleeping Heart Rate directly on your Watch face complication
- Dedicated Watch App Interface: See your last night's estimated Total Sleep Time, Total Restful Sleep Time, Restful Sleep Percentage, Sleep Rhythm, Total Sleep Time Goal Progress, Avg. Sleeping Heart Rate, Sleeping Heart Rate Dip, 3-Day Sleep Charge, and Sleep Activity Graph on your Watch in our Watch app
Monitor your sleep
Do we need to say it? Getting adequate and quality sleep is part of a healthy lifestyle that may help us:
- Improve mood
- Reach weight loss goals
- Battle stress
- Improve exercise performance and recovery
- Elevate daytime energy levels
- Learn and retain new knowledge better
- Improve workplace productivity
- Boost immune system strength
- Build better cardiovascular and brain health
- Leveraging the state-of-the-art motion and pulse sensors in your Apple Watch, our algorithm estimates when you are asleep by analyzing changes in your activity and heart rate
- Sleep Watch looks for sleep between 7pm and 11:30am that totals at least 1 hour
- Sleep Watch notifications about your sleep are sent after 6am at least 30min after your detected wake-up time
- Sleep Watch works by integrating with Apple Health
Caution - Important Safety & Use info
- Do not rely on Sleep Watch for medical advice or diagnosis. Sleep Watch is not a replacement or substitute for professional medical care.
- Use Sleep Watch for informational, general wellbeing and fitness purposes only.
- Sleep Watch results are estimates only.
- Consult a doctor if you have any health concern or before starting any exercise program. Do not self-adjust medications.